Message from the Annual Fund Chair
Dear Charger Family,
My wife Katie and I are the parents of Gracie ’24 and two PD alumni Jack ’15 and Kevin ’20. We know first-hand the transformational impact of a Providence Day education and the important role the Annual Fund plays in making that experience a reality for all students. That is why I have been involved as an Annual Fund volunteer for over 15 years and why I am honored to serve as Chair for the 2020-21 Annual Fund.
Some examples of how the Annual Fund is at work this year include:
- Technology that will allow for cameras in each classroom to facilitate remote learning for students
- Expanded iPad program so that every student, K-12, will now have a device to utilize on campus and remotely if needed
- Hiring of additional facilities staff as well as partnership with a third-party to aid in sanitation of our campus on top of many other efforts around campus
- Hiring of permanent substitute teachers to have back up for teachers who need to be out of the classroom
- Masks for all students, faculty, and staff
- Hand sanitizing stations in every classroom and public space
- Modification to campus grounds to expand outdoor space for pedestrian traffic, instruction, and dining
- Faculty professional development opportunities with focuses including innovations in remote learning instruction as well as culturally responsive teaching
Each year, our entire community of parents, faculty, staff, alumni, grandparents and parents of alumni come together to raise these funds for the school because we believe in our students and the Providence Day experience. We can all be part of this proud tradition by giving a gift that is right for each of us. You will hear from an Annual Fund volunteer over the course of this year, and when you do, I hope you will join me and my family in making a difference at Providence Day through your support of the Annual Fund.
2020-2021 Annual Fund Chair