“LET THE ARTS INSPIRE YOU!”
If you have a passion for the arts at Providence Day School and want to show your support for our incredibly talented students and faculty, we invite you to join Friends of the Arts!
This emerging Parents’ Association group provides volunteer support to the Performing and Visual Arts departments. Everyone is welcome to join -- including parents, faculty, alumni and grandparents! There is no membership fee.
Here are some ways you can help:
Music - Choral, Strings and Band. Welcome guests and hand out programs as a Friends of the Arts usher during the Winter and Spring concerts for 5th grade, Middle and Upper School.
Theater - Be part of the Friends of the Arts behind-the-scenes crew! Volunteers sell concessions, distribute tickets, serve as ushers, decorate the lobby, offer production photographs for purchase, sell production T-shirts, coordinate production parties, and much more!
Lend a helping hand to our busy faculty by setting up and taking down student and faculty artwork displays across our campus. Promote visual art displayson the Friends of the Arts Facebook page.
Providence Day School’s Performing Arts Department has announced a great lineup of shows for the 2018-19 school year.
All performances are free and will take place in the McMahon Fine Arts Center theater.
UPCOMING 2018-19 DATES:
- July 28-August 10: US Theater trip to Scotland (International HS Theater Festival)
- August 19: All-School Musical Interest Meeting for Parents (5:00pm)
- August 25: All School/US Musical Auditions (10:00am-4:00pm)
- TBD: Tri-M Sr. Induction (during special assembly)
- October 4: Tri-M Jr. Induction (during MS assembly)
- October 17: 5th Grade Chorus Performance (12:00pm)
- November 1-3: All School Musical: The Wizard of Oz (Thursday & Friday 7:00pm, Saturday 2:00pm & 7:00pm)
- November 28: US/MS Choral Concert
- December 5: MS/US Band Concert
- December 6: MS/US Strings Concert
- December 13: 5th Grade Winter Concert (Band/Strings/Chorus 12:15pm)
- February 7-9: US Musical (Thursday & Friday 7:00pm, Saturday 2:00pm and 7:00pm)
- April 11-13: MS Play (7:00pm all nights)
- April 12: MS Band/Chorus/Strings perform at Carowinds
- April 17: US Jazz Band/Chamber Concert
- April 18: 5th Grade Chorus Performance (12:00pm)
- April 26: US Band/Chorus/Strings to Carowinds
- April 29: US Choral Concert
- May 1: MS/US Strings Concert
- May 2: MS/US Band Concert
- May 6: MS Choral Concert
- May 21: 5th Grade Spring Concert (Band/Strings/Chorus)
All concerts begin at 7:00pm except for the 5th grade concerts. Please visit the Friends of the Arts page in Charger Commons for more information, or to learn about volunteer opportunities e-mail Friends of the Arts here.
We're on Facebook: Check out the Friends of the Arts page here.