Friends of the Arts
“LET THE ARTS INSPIRE YOU!”
If you have a passion for the arts at Providence Day School and want to show your support for our incredibly talented students and faculty, we invite you to join Friends of the Arts!
This emerging Parents’ Association group provides volunteer support to the Performing and Visual Arts departments. Everyone is welcome to join -- including parents, faculty, alumni and grandparents! There is no membership fee.
Here are some ways you can help:
Music - Choral, Strings and Band. Welcome guests and hand out programs as a Friends of the Arts usher during the Winter and Spring concerts for 5th grade, Middle and Upper School.
Theater - Be part of the Friends of the Arts behind-the-scenes crew! Volunteers sell concessions, distribute tickets, serve as ushers, decorate the lobby, offer production photographs for purchase, sell production T-shirts, coordinate production parties, and much more!
Lend a helping hand to our busy faculty by setting up and taking down student and faculty artwork displays across our campus. Promote visual art displayson the Friends of the Arts Facebook page.
Providence Day School’s Performing Arts Department has announced a great lineup of shows for the 2018-19 school year.
All performances are free and will take place in the McMahon Fine Arts Center theater.
- May 1: MS/US Strings Concert
- May 2: MS/US Band Concert
- May 6: MS Choral Concert
- May 21: 5th Grade Spring Concert (Band/Strings/Chorus)
Upcoming 2019-20 Dates:
- October 24-26: US Play (TBA) (Thursday, Friday & Saturday 7:00 pm)
- November 22-23: LS Musical (The Aristocats KIDS) (Friday 7:00 pm & Saturday 2:00 pm)
- December 4: MS/US Band Concert
- December 5: MS/US Orchestra Concert
- December 11: MS/US Choral Concert
- December 18: 5th Grade Band/Chorus/Orchestra Concert (12: 15 pm)
- February 27-29: MS Musical “Bye, Bye Birdie” (Thursday, Friday & Saturday 7:00 pm, Saturday 2:00 pm)
- March 12-15: MS Performing Arts Trip to NYC (Opportunity for 7th & 8th graders who are enrolled in a Performing Arts class 2019-20)
- April 17-19: US Musical “Bright Star” (Friday & Saturday 7:00 pm, Saturday & Sunday 2:00 pm)
- April 28: US Chorus/US A Cappella Concert
- April 29: MS/US Band Concert
- April 30: MS/US Orchestra Concert
- May 4: MS Chorus/MS A Cappella Concert
- May 19: 5th Grade Band, Chorus, Orchestra Concert (12:15pm)
All concerts begin at 7:00 pm except for the 5th-grade concerts. Please visit the Friends of the Arts page in Charger Commons for more information or to learn about volunteer opportunities email Friends of the Arts @ email@example.com
Interested in volunteering? If you would like to learn more about volunteer opportunities or receive Friends of the Arts news through e-mail, please click on the button above or email firstname.lastname@example.org.