Safety, Security, Health, & Wellness
Providence Day is committed to providing a safe, secure and supportive community for students, faculty, staff and visitors as part of the school’s enterprise risk management strategy. The all-hazards preparedness approach to school safety includes prevention, protection, mitigation, response and recovery, following current best practices to ensure a warm, welcoming and resilient campus.
A SHARED COMMUNITY RESPONSIBILITY
Everyone recognizes that the safety and security of our students is a shared responsibility. All employees complete an opening of the school year intensive training and continue throughout the year with additional hands-on, classroom and online training, as well as participate in 14 drills with students who are entrusted to our care. This ongoing educational campaign reinforces that safety and security remain a priority for the entire Providence Day School community.
There are other groups whose central purpose relates to the safety and security of our students:
- Risk Committee (Board of Trustees and Administration)
- All-Hazards Incident Command Team (Administration)
- Safety Committee (Administration, Faculty and Staff)
- Community Emergency Response Team (Administration, Faculty and Staff)
- Nurses (4) and Trainers (3)
- Health Advisory Council
- Student Services (Counselors)
- CMPD Daytime Security, Traffic Control and Special Event Security
- After-Hours Security Guards
- Traffic and Event Safety Personnel
Thank You Parents For Being Key Partners!
Your child’s safety continues to be our highest priority, especially during this time of additional concerns relating to COVID19. We will continue to re-evaluate our policies, plans and procedures to ensure we are following best practices suited to the culture of our school environment. Your feedback is valued and we welcome any suggestions and concerns. Please contact the Director of Safety, Security & Emergency Management at firstname.lastname@example.org.