Dining Hall by FLIK
The FLIK Dining team is excited for the start of another school year and our ability to offer dining and catering to the Providence Day community. We are excited to welcome all students into the brand-new Dining Hall! New this year is the addition of our large outdoor eating space and bistro style seating which offers more room to accommodate our growing population.
As part of our new & improved stations and equipment, we will feature our action style grill, and a made to order N.Y. deli in addition to our interactive entree carvery station. With the additional space, we were able to feature double lines that will improve the flow and overall speed of service. New menu items will include house smoked brisket on our new smoker in addition to more global offerings such as Indian, Asian, and Mediterranean cuisines.
At FLIK, we understand the impact we have on your community reaches far beyond the cafe.
We want to make sure our impact enhances the quality of life on campus. Through a variety of socially minded programs and initiatives, we seek to reduce waste, practice sustainability, and help support and improve the school community of which we are a part.
- We prepare our foods from whole, fresh ingredients; limiting the use of processed foods and avoiding products containing artificial colors, flavors, preservatives, and high levels of sodium.
- We serve chicken and turkey that have been produced with the restricted use of antibiotics.
- We offer whole grains as an option on our salad bars and as side dishes on the hot line.
- We have made a commitment to serve fresh milk only from cows that have been certified to be free of the artificial growth hormones rBGH/rBST.
- We offer a wide variety of breads, including whole grain options.
- We offer a full salad bar daily. Our salad bar will feature at least one composed salad and house-made dressings.
- We offer a variety of fresh fruits and vegetables daily. Items are local and organic as availability permits.
- We purchase meats graded “choice” or higher. Our turkey and roast beef are nitrate-free and roasted in-house. Our ham is low sodium and all products are free of Monosodium Glutamate (MSG), fillers and gluten.
- We use minimal amounts of fat in food preparations. We use olive and non-hydrogenated canola oils which have more monounsaturated fat and less saturated fat than other cooking oils. Our oils do not contain trans fats. We offer napkins made from 100 percent recycled materials.
This school year we are so excited to welcome back breakfast service to provide our community a nutritious start to their day.
Dining Hall Hours:
Breakfast: 7:20 a.m.-10:45 a.m.
- Middle School – 10:25-10:35 a.m.
- Upper School – 10:35-10:45 a.m.
- Lower School – 10:50-12:05 p.m.
- Middle School – 11:55-12:55 p.m.
- Upper School – 1:00-2:00 p.m.
The Global Café will continue to be our full-service coffee bar offering custom beverages and featuring Counter Culture Coffee. This is a globally sourced, and locally roasted premium coffee out of Durham, NC. Food offerings include breakfast, snack, and on-the-go lunch items available with a focus on wellness and an active lifestyle. Some food offerings include toasty breakfast sandwiches, locally-sourced jumbo muffins, berry & yogurt parfaits, smoothies, bento boxes, composed salads, and deli sandwiches.
Global Café Hours: 7:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Click here to access your student’s dining account to load funds, view purchases, and set up autopay.
Click here to view our weekly menus.