At Providence Day School, we aspire and commit to ensuring that each individual has access to resources, support, and opportunities according to their needs. By eliminating barriers, each individual is able to flourish within our community.
• Partnered with PFLAG Charlotte (the premier organization for LGBTQ+ individuals, families, and allies) to create a three-part series on LGBTQ+ experiences for our Upper School faculty.
• Partnered with Dr. Ali Michael for implicit bias training for off-campus coaches, Institutional Advancement, and the Student Services team.
• Partnered with Dr. Sandra Chapman for a three-part education series on Racial Anxiety, Implicit Bias, and Racial Microaggressions for Lower School parents and families.
• Adopted a gender-neutral dress code for all three divisions.
• Created and launched the Teaching Fellows Program.
• Strengthened our financial aid model to reflect greater equity based on each family’s total financial need.
• Continued to partner with gender diverse students and their families to ensure access and support.