Equity & Inclusion
The Office of Equity and Inclusion supports and fosters a school community that reflects the increasing diversity in our nation and the world, comprised of dynamic individuals with rich culture, religion, race, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, countries of origin, language, and other cultural identifiers that add to the strength of our community. We are committed to actively cultivating an inclusive environment that champions difference while highlighting our similarities through dialogue and curriculum. It is through this exchange of world views and experiences that our community gains a better understanding of the values, beliefs, attitudes, and behaviors of each of our members that contribute to and enrich our collective identity.
Our Commitment to an Inclusive Community (2020)
Providence Day School is committed to actively cultivating an inclusive community that reflects and embraces the diversity of the human experience. We are intentional in cultivating multiculturally aware, global citizens who acknowledge their social responsibility, and who are empowered to take action to foster equitable communities.
- We recognize that diverse points of view are vitally important to an environment of academic excellence
- We strive to be a community where students, faculty, staff, and parents can be their authentic selves, emphasizing respect for self and others
- We commit to teaching a multicultural and global curriculum that reflects the diversity of our community and the world
- We believe it is important to hold each other accountable by promptly addressing bias and stereotyping within our community
- We view missteps and misunderstandings as opportunities to grow and learn from each other through civil discourse
Nadia Johnson, Director of Equity and Inclusion
Nora Hudson, Associate Director of Multicultural Programs
Associate Director of Equity and Inclusion Outreach
Hispanic Heritage Month:
- Blogs - https://blogs.loc.gov/hhm2020/
- Illustrated anthology from the Smithsonian Latino Center - https://learninglab.si.edu/
collections/nuestra-america- 30-inspiring-latinas-latinos- who-have-shaped-the-united- states/MakuDQIEBA5UsG2P#r/
- Latinx Children’s Books - https://hiplatina.com/20-
- Books to Celebrate Hispanic Heritage Month - https://www.barnesandnoble.